Saturday, June 7, 2014

I love going to the Farmers Market!

As much as I hate having to wake up earlier on a Saturday I love going to the Farmers market more :)

A fun find today: smoked bones which I'll use to make bone broth/soup! I also bought extra old cheese, free run flax fed eggs, pork chops, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, broccoli and pepperettes for the hubby.

Came home and made some broccoli fritters with the broccoli stems. Pretty good although next time I'd put some broccoli flowerettes in as well.

Now I'm off to get ready for work. Tomorrow's weigh in day might be interesting :)

Today's nosh:

Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with baby spinach

On my way out the door: 4 grapes

Lunch: paleo broccoli fritters cooked in coconut oil, cup of beef bone broth

Taking to work: berries, plain Greek yogurt, extra old cheese, Angus beef, veggies

4 comments:

  1. Nice bones!! Our Farmers Market had its first day of the season today and I missed it! Your post reminded me. :) Great pictures--and I bet it'll be a wonderful weigh day for you. I'm looking forward to mine on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love farmers markets and local fruit stands!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on a mission to find good grass-fed bones for broth. I make chicken bone broth from organic chicken (post roasting). Your bone broth looks fantastic. Glad you've got a good Farmer's Market. So good, and so local. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Farmer's Market too. It's a necessity when I am at my cabin.

    ReplyDelete