Thursday, June 5, 2014

How many times a day do you eat?


Years ago when I first read someones advice to eat 6 small meals a day, and tried to do it, I lasted 2 days!

I also cannot usually do smoothies as a meal. Sometimes I can but not often. It just tends to not fill me the same way.

I'm more of a 3 meals a day if and if I'm hungry I may grab a few nuts/berries/small piece of cheese/kefir. Or a glass of wine.

For the last couple of weeks I've noticed that when I have a filling meal my next meal will be pretty light. I eat a pretty filling breakfast every morning but then again I eat dinner at 5:30 or so and don't eat breakfast till 9 or 10 am. So indeed I am hungry but not starving. I take my time and have coffee first and leisurely make my brekkie.

I also like to eat different things all the time. In case you didn't notice :) Boring is not good for me.

I believe we all need to find what works for us and we are all very different.

So what's you're day normally look like?

Went for a one hour walk and a 55 minute bike ride today. Tomorrow's back to work so I wanted to enjoy being outside today.


Today's nosh:

Breakfast: Coconut nest eggs, kale, butter

Lunch: some leftover pink salmon and home made mayo, proscuitto chips or porkitos, avocado, plain Greek yogurt and a few raspberries

Dinner: leftover taco pie, green beans, butter



7 comments:

  1. 2 meals a day (breakfast and dinner) on weekends, 3 meals a day weekdays, unless if I've eaten lunch out, then only 2 meals with sometimes a very light protein snack in lieu of dinner.

    I have a milk issue...I can eat cheese fine with no issues, but milk tends to upset the tummy, so no shakes, malts, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three meals a day plus a snack or two usually. My food could seem quite quite boring as I don't mind leftovers and I eat a lot of salads. Since I like most everything, I'm not picky about what I eat and it is not boring to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a morning person at all, so a big breakfast is out for me. At least I eat breakfast these days though (even if all I manage is a latte). For years I could never manage to eat anything in the morning. I usually have 3 meals and an evening snack. But my snacking usually tends to be more about boredom than hunger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat three meals a day and one to three snacks. Sometimes the snacks will remain in my bag uneaten...I guess it depends on the size of the previous meal. On the weekends I often combine breakfast and lunch, for a slightly bigger brunch. Beautiful pictures, Suzi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how we're all different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I eat 3 meals and 2 to 3 snacks. I don't eat really large meals, so I need the snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm...well I'm not very structured anymore. I'll have coffee before 7 a.m. Breakfast around 8. A snack or two between then and lunch. A snack or two before dinner at 6 p.m. And usually another snack around 8 p.m. None of my meals are gut filling BIG meals. In military boot camp you only ate 3 meals a day with no snacks in between your three meals. And I got as fit as I had ever been.

    ReplyDelete